CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 26, 2010

Every little girl needs ruffles

Today I took on a new project that I have been wanting to try since. . . well since I had Marcelo. Making baby bloomers/diaper covers. They are so cute and there are so many different ways to personalize them from embroidery, to appliques, to my personal favorite . . . RUFFLES!!! Since I made Gianna a pillowcase dress she needed matching bloomers . . . of course (especially since I am still bitter that the shoes I made and worked SO hard on DIDN'T FIT!).
The cutest little butt you have ever seen!


Her matching dress

For a first run they came out pretty good, I do however, need to perfect my ruffling and placement. the first row of ruffles is to wide and the second and third are too low (the third row is practically under her butt). This project made me wish I had a Serger even more than I already do. A serger would have made the whole project go a little more quickly and smoothly.

All the sewing I have been doing lately I have made a list of tools that I would like to invest in. . .or if anyone want to send them to me free that would be even better!
My wish list:
serger
Rotary cutter and mat
Pinking shears
a walking foot for my machine
a sewing machine that does embroidery (anyone have a spare Bernina laying around?)
yard stick (I didn't say everything was expensive)
marking pen (you know one of the ones you can mark and it disappears)
Magnetic pin cushion
a pretty sewing box
This is all I can think of now but I know there is more. now to convince the husband that I NEED these things haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment