CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Finally. . . something for the boys!

Today I got busy on a little project I have seen a few places around the net and a Facebook friend, thanks Jaimie C., suggested it as a cute item for boys. A tee with a tie! can it get ANY CUTER?? Personally I don't think so. Since I couldn't really find any directions or tutorials on how to do this I made it up as I went along.
First I started off by making a tie template. Easy enough right? Except for the part where you have to make sure its even and in proportion AND is an adequate size for the boy (or girl) you are making this for. The first template I made looked like it would be a good size then I held it to the shirt I was working with and realized this is WAY too small! So I drew a new one, that at first glace looked ok but as I was cutting it out I realized it was lopsided! Attempt # 3 BINGO. . . third times the charm. . . and all those other 3-some sayings.
Next I picked a scrap of fabric I had laying around and pinned it down and cut it out. I also cut out a piece of iron on interfacing, which I have never really worked with interfacing but I will say I am glad that I did! It gave the tie a 'stiffness' that helps keep it from getting 'lost' on the shirt.
Moving on.. . I found a plain 'ol t-shirt of Marcelo's and pinned it on lined my presser foot up about 1/4 in. from the edge of the 'tie' and stitched it all the way around.
Et Volia the finished product!
Mr. Marcelo, My handsome model

Strike a pose!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. aw I'm so glad you made this! It looks great on M!

    ReplyDelete