CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 30, 2010

SUCCESS!

Today was a great day for 2 reasons.

1. I found zebra print fabric! Not only in cotton but SATIN as well!!!
2. I successfully made my first pattern! YES, I, Brandi Gonzalez, Made a workable, wearable, pattern.
For what you might ask? For the CUTEST open back swing top/smock EVER. Do you get the sense that I am REALLY proud of myself? If not, well, I am!

A little back story. I was introduced to this website by a friend, http://www.rufflebutts.com/ , which has the cutest bloomers and swing tops. Which incidentally my mom used to dress me in little swing tops and bloomers almost exactly like the ones on their site. So of course Gianna HAS to have some! After scoping out the site and realizing I just can't afford to pay 30 bucks for a infant top that she is going to grow out of in 3 months, I set out to find a pattern for them. I searched high and low, Google-d until I could Google no more, alas I could not find a pattern that would produce a type of top I was looking for. Then it hit me! Why don't I email them and see if they sell the pattern? NEGATIVE! Back to the drawing board. . . I started thinking about how hard could it possibly be to make this top? What if I order one from the clearance rack and make my own pattern template from it? BINGO! I ordered one for 10 bucks in a size 3T . . . all they had left but no matter I just needed it for tracing. 20 minutes, 6 pieces of paper, and 8 pieces of tape later. . . I had a pattern. I put the kids down for nap and got busy! Now to share with you the final result. Drum roll please. . . . . . . . . . .

My lovely assistant

The ensemble

Bloomers

Back


Front

side ruffles
So So SO SOOOOo cute! I can't wait until next week when we are getting the family pictures done! Gianna is going to have so many cute things to change into.

Now I just need to figure out how to 'size' my pattern and how to get it put on adobe so I can share it will all of you! If any of you know how to work that kind of stuff PLEASE HELP!

1 comment:

  1. Brandi this is so cute! Great job and congrats on your first pattern!

    ReplyDelete