CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Me want COOKIES!

I have been craving cookies the last week, maybe not so much the eating off the cookies but the smell and the act of baking the cookies. Tonight after we put the kiddos to bed i got busy baking. Much to my dismay I realized we were out of chocolate chips. ARGH! Good thing I had a gigantic Hershey's bar that I chopped up into chucks AND a bag of Reese's peanut butter chips! I don't know about you but I think that may be better than plain old chocolate chip cookies any day! (Nothing against the originals) As I am typing this the first batch has finished and can I be the first to say YUMMMMM! I am so impressed with myself I think I will share my scrum-diddly-umptious recipe with all of you!

1-1/4 cup granulated sugar
1-1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter (or margarine *gag*) softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 tbsp vanilla
2 eggs
4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tbs salt
2 cups chocolate chips (or one 12 oz bag)
2 cups peanut butter chips (or one 12 ox bag)

heat oven to 350. Beat sugars, butter, shortening, vanilla, and eggs in a large bowl with a spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chips.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
Bake 12-15 minutes or until light brown. cool slightly remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.


Why bake when you have cookie dough?

ready for the oven

The LONGEST 13 minutes EVER!

Finished product!

I promise, this recipe will NOT disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment